: Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council
: Canadian Citizen only
: Post Doctorate
: Astronomy, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics
: Partial Funding / Limited support
NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, 2019 is open for Canadian Citizen only. The scholarship allows Post Doctorate level programm(s) in the field of Astronomy, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics taught at Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council . The deadline of the scholarhip is October 15, 2019
Degree Level: Post Doc
Available Subject: Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Chemistry, Physics and astronomy.
Scholarship Benefits: $45,000 per year for two years.
Eligible Nationalities: Open to Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
To be considered eligible for support, as of the deadline date of the year in which you apply, you must:
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- hold or expect to hold a doctorate in one of the fields of research that NSERC supports.
- You can apply only once to the PDF Program; however, applicants whose first PDF application was submitted prior to the 2013 competition may submit a second application provided they are within the eligibility window.
- You must have completed all requirements of your doctoral degree no more than two years before the deadline date of the year in which you apply. For applicants with more than one doctoral degree, the completion date of your most recent doctoral degree will be used to determine your eligibility.
- If you have acquired at least six months of full-time relevant employment in industry or government (experience in an institution or its affiliated hospitals, research institutions and other laboratories will not be considered) after you received your doctorate, NSERC will extend this eligibility period to three years.
- If, within two years following the date of completion of your PhD, you had your career significantly interrupted due to illness or health-related family responsibilities, NSERC will extend this eligibility period to three years.
- If, within two years following the date of completion of your PhD, you become the primary caregiver following the birth or adoption of a child, NSERC will extend this eligibility period to six years.
- If you are subject to an extended eligibility period then you may be asked by NSERC to provide additional information and/or supporting documentation. Any such submission to NSERC will only be used by staff to assess your eligibility to the program. If you wish to inform the review committee of delays and/or circumstances which may have affected your performance and/or productivity, then you may do so in the Special Circumstances section of the application.
Application Procedure: You can apply for a PDF by completing and submitting Form 201, and attaching supporting documents if necessary. Read the instructions on how to complete Form 201.